"she remembered what hope was, and this was it. that inner churning that moves you forward" -elizabeth strout

Monday, May 10, 2010

lucky dog

my dog, kenzie, is probably the most happy-go-lucky creature on this earth, humans included. she is the silliest. she most definitely has some pep in her step. when she walks, it looks like she's floating, or dancing, or doing both at the same time. and she wiggles her hips. when someone walks by and she's lying down, she spreads her legs (get your minds out of the gutter!), as if to say "okay, scratch my belly now." in the morning, she greets me like she hasn't seen me in a year. and at night, she ever-so-slowly, as if she thinks she's somehow pulling a fast one on you, maneuvers herself onto the couch and plops on your lap. mind you, she's probably pushin' 75 lbs. she also intently watches the tellie. if a dog is on television, she will stand up so that she is face to face with the tv and watches it. kenzie makes me giggle every day.

i think she's quite a lucky dog. and i think many people could learn a thing or two from her, that little happy, prancing, fluffball, wiggle worm.

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying this every day, but this one especially tugged at my heart. There ARE alot of people out there that could learn a thing or two from our Kenzie girl!

    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete